Residents, businesses and visitors to our City must obtain a permit before carrying out certain activities within the Council area.

Applying for, and getting a Council permit, gives approval to carry out the requested activity. Costs are associated with some permit applications, fees should be paid at the time the application is lodged. Council may attach such conditions to a permit as it thinks fit, and may vary, revoke or impose new conditions by notice in writing.

Road Permits

Permits are required to conduct certain activities on council land, such as roadways, footpaths and reserves. Applications can be made online for the following types of Council permits/approvals:

  • Crane Permit
  • Miniskip Permit
  • Scaffolding Permit
  • Shipping Container Permit
  • Overdimensional Vehicle Clearance

All applications except the 'Overdimensional Vehicle Clearance' carry a $25 application fee.

Visit Council's Online Services website to submit a permit/approval application.

For further information on obtaining a permit please select Permits or contact our Customer Service Team on 8405 6600.

Liquor Licensing

Liquor licenses are granted by Consumer and Business Services (previously known as the Office of the Liquor and Gambling Commission).

To apply for a liquor license visit the Consumer and Business Services website or call 131 882.

Memorial Plaques on Seating

Council wishes to commemorate the contribution of members of the community to the social, cultural or political aspects and the development of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield. A memorial plaque on seating is permissible for a person (or persons) who has made a significant contribution to the City of Port Adelaide Enfield community, for example, as a member of a community group or sporting organisation, or as a volunteer. For more information refer to Councils Policy – Installation of memorial plaques on seats located on Councils Policies page. Applications for memorial plaques on seating must be received in writing refer Councils Memorial Seat application form located on Councils Forms page.

Residential Parking Exemptions

To be eligible for a Residential Parking Exemption (also known as parking permit), residents must be a primary owner occupier and/or tenant with a current lease and have no access to off street parking on the property. The residential parking exemption is intended where time limit parking controls are in effect at the frontage of a residential property. Residential Parking Exemptions will enable vehicles to park beyond the time limit without penalty. For more information on obtaining a Residential Parking Exemption please select Parking.

Reserve Use Permits

A permit application form must be completed when you wish to hire Council Reserves for private events where any infrastructure is required, or if you want to fundraise in Council areas.

For further information on this topic, or if you have any questions, please call our helpful Customer Services team on 8405 6600 or send us an email.
Copyright (c) 2015 City of Port Adelaide Enfield