Housebound Library Service
Who can use the Housebound Library Service?
To be eligible for the Housebound Library Service, the prospective borrower needs to meet the following criteria:
- The prospective borrower must be a resident of the Port Adelaide Enfield Council area.
- The prospective borrower must be unable to visit one of the static library sites at Greenacres, Enfield, Port Adelaide or Semaphore Libraries. Some of the reasons that may prevent a person visiting one of these library sites could include problems with mobility, an inability to carry library materials due to frailty or other problems, physical, mental or sensory disabilities, or illness, whether temporary or permanent. If the circumstances of a person being unable to visit their normal library site is only a temporary situation ( ie; after an operation or due to an illness) then they could also access the Housebound Library Service for this temporary period of time. The Service aims to provide these residents with the chance to access library materials on a regular basis.
What is available for loan?
Hardcover and paperback books in both fiction and non-fiction and in ordinary or large print. CDs in all types of music. DVDs. Books and music in languages other than English. Magazines. Jigsaws. Talking books on CD or MP3 for people who cannot manage printed material. Loan periods are four weeks and reservations can be made for you.
When do we visit?
The Housebound Library Officer will call at your home once a month on a set day to deliver items pre-selected according to individual preferences.
Reasons why visits may not take place on the set day
- Public Holidays; patrons will be visited on another day arranged in advance
- Breakdown of the Housebound Library vehicle
- Sickness of the Housebound Library Officer and unavailability of a relief officer/driver
For any inquiries or for further information please contact the Home Library Services Officer at the Enfield Library on (08) 8405 6530 from 10am weekdays or Email.