Fines and Expiations
Or, call Customer Services on ph (08) 8405 6600 to pay via credit card.
Payments can also be made in person at the following locations:
- Civic Centre, 163 St Vincent St, Port Adelaide
- Enfield Library (Service Centre), 1 Kensington Cres, Enfield
- Greenacres Library (Service Centre), 2 Fosters Rd, Greenacres
Or by post to postal address: PO Box 110, Port Adelaide SA 5015 (payment by cheque/money order)
To report a parking problem
Complete a Request for Service.
Penalties for overdue payment
Failure to pay by the due date
- $49 late fee added, $7 motor vehicle registration search fee where applicable
Failure to pay on late notice
- Lodgement of the expiation notice with the Magistrates Court which will incur additional Court Fees
Failure to pay Court Fine
- Penalties may include suspended drivers licence, suspended from dealing with Transport SA, warrant issued for seizure of goods
Fine enforcement is the process by which fine defaulters (people who don't pay their fines) are compelled to pay, or make arrangements to satisfy their fines. Fine enforcement is administered by the Courts Administration Authority
To dispute a parking expiation
- If you were not driving at the time of the offence complete the statutory declaration on the ticket or click here, stating the name and address of the driver, or if you had by the time of the offence transferred ownership of the vehicle, give full details of the owner and post to: City of Port Adelaide Enfield, PO Box 110, Port Adelaide, 5015.
- Dispute the offence informally by writing to Council.
- Dispute the allegation that you committed the offence and elect to be prosecuted. If you elect to be prosecuted for the offence, you may get a summons. The summons will set out when and where to attend Court. Complete the appropriate section on the expiation notice and post or deliver it to any of Council's Service Centres.
- Please Note: If you dispute an expiation notice by producing a statutory declaration or other documentation and Council determines that the documentation is not acceptable as a defence and the expiation notice remains unpaid we will issue an Expiation Enforcement Warning Notice before proceeding to enforce the expiation notice through the courts. A $49 enforcement warning fee applies.
Payment by instalments
Apply to the Fines Payment Unit within the Magistrates Court to pay the fine in instalments or for an extension of time in which to pay. You may only make an application if you owe $50 or more in expiation fees (including fees under other notices). The Registrar must be satisfied that payment of the fee would cause you or your dependents, hardship.
Fines Payment Unit can be found in the following Courts:
- Holden Hill Magistrates Court, Lyons Road, Holden Hill, 5088;
- Port Adelaide Magistrates Court, 260 St. Vincent Street, Port Adelaide, 5015; or
- Telephone the Easy Pay Fines Call Centre on Freecall 1800 659 538.
Extension of payments
If you cannot afford to pay the expiation in full, by the pay by date, you can phone Council on telephone (08) 8405 6600 during business hours, to request an extension of time to pay the amount in full.
A Guide to Parking in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield
To reduce confusion and improve the understanding of parking rules and requirements across the City we have produced 'A Guide to Parking in Port Adelaide Enfield'. This guide sets out in simple terms parking do's and dont's; to view the guide click here.
For further information on road rules the Department for Planning, Transport and Infrastucture have produced a Road Rules Pocket Guide. To download the guide click here