Planning and Building
Welcome to the City of Port Adelaide Enfield Website

Planning and Building

Planning and Building form the Development Assessment portion of the Community Development Department. Development Assessment's core business is to make accurate and timely assessments and decisions on development applications by assessing them against the provisions of the Development Act, 1993 and the Port Adelaide Enfield City Development Plan.

The Planning and Building team consists of Building Surveying officers, Urban Planners and Planning Inspectors.  As part of building rules assessment a structural engineer is  available to check structural engineering designs and calculations.  A Heritage Advisor is also available to provide advice to applicants as part of the Planning process for buildings that are located in Heritage Policy Areas or listed on the Heritage Register.

Council's Planning and Building team is able to offer a "one-stop-shop" for development applications.  By lodging your Development Application with Port Adelaide Enfield for Planning and Building Assessment and Development Approval, Council is able to consider these different aspects of the application at the same time, ensuring that plans are consistent in regards to Planning and Building Consent and Development Approval.  The process allows for an effective and efficient approach to the development assessment of an application, ensuring consistencies in the issuing of a Development Approval.

The progress of an application can be followed at Development Application Tracking by entering the application number, address or date lodged.

If you wish to report illegal building work or a breach of planning conditions (i.e. overlooking or hours of use) please complete our online Request for Service.

Should you require further information please contact one of our helpful Customer Services Team on (08) 8405 6600 or Email.

External Links: