Information for New Residents
The City of Port Adelaide Enfield came into being on 26 March 1996 with the amalgamation of the former City of Enfield and former City of Port Adelaide. You are now part of a council that stretches for 32km from hills to sea, covers an area of 97 square kilometres and has a population of approximately 116,000.
What your Council does
The Council exists to:
- Plan, monitor, regulate and administer the City's financial and community assets.
- Ensure the effective use of resources to enhance the quality of life in the City.
- Provide vision, leadership and accountability.
New Residents Kit
A New Residents Kit containing information on services provided by Council is forwarded to new residents shortly after Council has received official notification of change of ownership details.
If you are a new resident and you haven't received a Kit, a request can be made by completing the online Request Assistance and Feedback form or contact one of our helpful Customer Services Team on (08) 8405 6600 or Email.
Call Centre: 8405 6600 or Email
Phone Council's Call Centre to speak to our friendly Customer Service Staff who will be able to give advice on most of your queries. These might include information on:
- Elected Members for your Ward
- Kerbside waste and recycling collection
- Rates, property and pensioner concessions
- Public health and safety
- Dogs and cats
- Library Services
- Council, Committee and Development Assessment Panel meetings
- Council newsletter
- Citizenship ceremonies
- Community services such as home and senior services, community bus, youth programs and sport and recreation
- Development Applications on public notification
- Community Centres
Information on other services can be found by searching the A-Z listing of Council Services or by talking to the specially trained Customer Service Staff available at the Civic Centre and our Library - Council Offices.
Waste & Recycling
Have a look at our Waste and Recycling web pages for information relating to waste and recycling or contact Wasteline on Freecall 1800 777 844.
Remember: don't waste it...recycle it!
Council promotes responsible dog and cat ownership. At the present time, there are no specific cat controls. However, if you are caring for a dog that is registered in another council area, you have 14 days to contact Council and arrange transfer details and a new disc. There are restrictions on the number of dogs allowed and these can be explained by our Customer Service staff. Visit our Animal Management web pages for further information on dog registration and responsible dog ownership.