Image: Wingfield 1985. Wingfield was originally a private subdivision of sections 949-50 and 958-9 in the Hundred of Port Adelaide. It was surveyed by A E King and E B Jones and proclaimed a government town on 26 April 1877, which subsequently became a suburb. Wingfield was named after R W Wingfield, the private secretary to Governor Jervois. Subdivisions within Wingfield included Hull, an 1877 subdivision of section 215-16 by Port Adelaide solicitor, John Wallace located south of Wing Street to Leeds Street. The name comes from Yorkshire. Rosslyn was an 1877 subdivision of sections 217, 219, 268 and 288 by Solicitor John Wallace. The name comes from Edinburgh. Millicent was an 1878 subdivision of part sections 266-67 by Alfred Jones, which was bisected by Nixon Road. Brooklyn was an 1878 subdivision of section 207 by Alfred Jones, a hay and corn merchant of Port Adelaide. Dundas was an 1878 subdivision of section 272 by John Wallace and William L Dickson which is now bisected by Frederick Street. The name comes from Lithgow, Scotland. Myrtleholme was an 1878 subdivision of Sections 965-66 and part sections 964-67 by T J and J L Matters. The Myrtle Holme was a well known trading ship. Norahville was an 1880 subdivision of section 937 by Thomas E McEllister. The name comes from his wife Nora O’Leary whom he married on 8 January, 1879. Wicklow was an 1881 subdivision of part section 942 by William Wadham, a land agent of Port Adelaide. Sassafras Estate was a 1923 subdivision of section 1175-6 and 972 by Edward Parton. It is now included in both Ottoway and Wingfield. Portions of the suburbs of Dry Creek and Kilburn have been added to Wingfield.