We have been advised by the BOM and SA State Emergency Service to expect some heavy rainfall on Sunday 6 August. The expected rainfall and associated tide has the potential to raise the level of the river which is expected to peak around 4:30pm.
SES is making sandbags available from six locations tomorrow (Saturday, 5 August) between 10am and 2pm;
- Enfield SES Unit Hoods Road, Northfield
- Noarlunga SES Unit Cnr Lindsay and Brian roads, Lonsdale
- Metro South SES Unit 33 Beagle Street, Lynton
- Campbelltown SES Unit 141 Montacute Road, Campbelltown
- Mount Barker SES Unit 14 Simper Crescent, Mount Barker
- City of PAE Council Depot Willochra Street, Largs North
A ‘Sandbagging your home’ factsheet will be available from each location. It provides information on the correct filling, laying and disposal of sandbags. Sand will also be available at some of the locations for residents to fill their own sandbags. Information on sandbagging is also available on the SES website www.ses.sa.gov.au.
At this stage we are arranging field crews to be rostered over the event and sandbagging potential flood areas as per usual. We advise people to prepare their homes for heavy rainfall. Council staff will be contacting homeowners in areas which could be impacted (around the Semaphore Road Birkenhead area).