May Enewsletter out now!
Council has library branches located across the Council area. Please click on the Library Locations link to the right of your screen to find out more about the library closest to you. The library service aims to complement the needs of the community with it's collections and services. The collection is spread across each of the library branches. Members have access to the online library catalogue 24/7 which enables them to request items to be sent to the library branch nearest to them. To access the online library catalogue, click on the jigsaw puzzle picture above (Search the Catalogue).
Membership is free. Intending members must show identification showing their name, current address and signature. Children (under 18) require a parent or legal guardian to sign a registration form and show current identification that contains their guardian's name, current address and signature. Membership entitles you to borrow at each of the Port Adelaide Enfield libraries.
Materials available for loan:
- Fiction and non-fiction books (also in large print)
- Books, DVDs and CDs in languages other than English
- DVDs, CDs and computer software
- Talking books
- Children's fiction and non-fiction books, includes items suitable from birth onwards
- Books suitable for youth/teenagers, including graphic novels and comics
- Sports Equipment
- Language kits
- Home energy self-audit kits
Materials for use in the library:
- South Australian Newspapers
- Reference materials (printed)
- Local history collections (Port Adelaide Library only)
- Public computers with Internet access and Microsoft Office software (CD ROM, floppy disc and USB available)
- Colour and black and white printing (charges apply)
- Virtual library, including various online resources
- Online library catalogue available 24/7
- Inter-library loans
- Basic computer training
- Basic Internet training
- Community meeting rooms available for hire
- Reference query referral service
- Fax service
- Confidential waste paper disposal service
- Book Clubs
- Author Events
- Special Events
- Baby Bounce
- Pre-school Storytime
- Kids' Club
- School holiday activities
- School classes and visits to the library
One Card for one enormous library
Port Adelaide Enfield Public Library Service has joined the South Australian public library One Card network. This single Library Management System (LMS) is expected to result in lower operating costs and improved efficiency.
Over the next 3 years, the One Card network will connect 130 public libraries throughout SA with a single shared library catalogue that will be accessible 24/7, resulting in improved access to millions of library items from across South Australia.
Port Adelaide Enfield library members can use their library card and PIN to access a vast range of books, DVDs and CDs held in participating libraries across SA. Items can be reserved in libraries throughout the state and delivered to the preferred library site, and then returned to any library.
With a centralised system customers will no longer need to browse multiple library catalogues – the collections of all One Card library network libraries can be browsed on the same online catalogue.
Check out the new online Catalogue now!